Photo booths are a fun addition for any kind of celebration and for people of all ages. They have become so popular recently with the re-emergence of the ‘old-school’ photo booths which automatically print your photos. There are so many great DIY ideas and options to ensure your guests have lots of fun and laughter at your next party. Here are some great ideas to help inspire you for your next interactive DIY photo booth.
- -Find old decorative frames from cheap $2 type shops and spray paint them to match your theme colours for an elegant and fun ‘photo frame’. Either let your guests hold them and use the frame as part of the prop, or hang them up with pretty ribbons.
- -Use plastic table cloths in plain colours to hang as a back drop. This is a very cheap and easy way to add a lot of colour so that your photos will be bright and fun. Consider hanging a few different colours to get bright strips of colour hanging down.
- -Hang tissue paper pom poms, tissue paper fans and honeycomb balls at different lengths to fill the background for a bright and fun photo booth background.
- -Tape helium filled balloons to the floor to create a whimsical floating background for guests to have their photo taken. The fantastic backdrop at the bottom of this page uses foil heart shaped balloons and supershape letter balloons.
- -Use a range of costume accessories, wigs, hats and glasses as props for your guests to wear while they have their photos taken.
- -Use chalkboard paint on board shapes and let your guests write funny messages or ‘quotes’ for their photos. You can even shape you ‘chalkboards’ like speech and thought bubbles for added fun.
- -Provide cardboard cutout props like moustaches, top hats, glasses and lips for guests to use for some photo fun. Attach these props to small stick or dowel rods so that your guests can hold them in front of their faces for their photo shoot.
- -Make your background interactive by using scene setters for the walls behind and hanging or placing props around to create a 3D scene.
- -Shindigs stock premade photo props in a range of themes including princess, pirate, gangster, horse racing and space. These props are ready to be set up and include spaces for your guests to peek through for a fabulous photo opportunity.
These are just some great ideas to help inspire you for your next DIY photo booth. They can be so much fun and can be very easy to set up to ensure hours of fun and laughter for your guests. Make sure that you set up your camera with the right settings and camera angle to ensure that only the parts you want are in the photo and that the lighting is right. It would be a lovely idea to send your guests your favourite photo of them in your thank you notes. Either way they will make for a lifetime of wonderful memories.
Don’t forget to check out Shindigs Pinterest page for tonnes more great DIY photo booth ideas and inspirations!